Our journey as a pair of Texans learning British way of life.

Friday, June 11, 2010

We inturupt this blog...

For World Cup MANIA!! So if you live under a rock or perhaps if your from the one country in the world who doesn't care about soccer (coughUSAcough), you might not know that the World Cup kicked off today at 3pm GMT (9am CST).

I on the other hand am fully immersed in a country that is going absolutely crazy over the World Cup right now among whispers that they have a chance to go all the way. Since the day we arrived we've been surrounded by St. George's Cross, better known at the flag of England. This week it looks like white and red has just been spread everywhere time 50!!

Here's proof...

This was the post office today...if you look closely just over the right shoulder of the man in front of me that's a TV playing the opening ceremony.
Our neighbors just across the street!
A restaurant just down the street from us...
They even have those silly car flags over here! I've seen these on scooters and motorcycles as well.
And these are just examples I took pictures of in a matter of an hour of walking around near our place today...it'll only get worse as the World Cup continues if England performs the way they should.
The first game for England is tomorrow versus the USA (eek) at 8:30pm GMT (2:30pm CST). I've been practicing my British accent, I don't want to be around if the US actually beats them! ;o)

And for your enjoyment, one of the many many commercials I'm tortured with every 10 minutes on TV.

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine the craziness that is to come. I hope you have fun trying to blend in :)

    ReplyDelete