Our journey as a pair of Texans learning British way of life.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Flowers, Flowers, and more Flowers

When my mother was here visiting, one of the top things on her list was something she read about in the 1,000 Places to See Before You Die book she had.

The RHS Chelsea Flower show, it's a show that's held for 5 days in May ever year and has been taking place in some form since 1862. It attracts 157,000 visitors every year, including the Queen.

The main focus is the show gardens which are usually designed by leading garden names. This is all a little over my head, but I know that what I saw was very pretty and I wouldn't mind having a garden that looks like some of these.

Here are a few of my favorites.
Yes this is a full size lock in a garden!


This one has to be my favorite.
Bling, Bling!!
They also sell bulbs and other gardening things in the center tent, here was a tulip display.
Can you spot my mom and myself in the reflection in this garden?
I'll take the pool in this garden, notice the grill on the right, the seats inside the pool and the champagne cooler at the foot of the stairs!
I was amazed I got as many pictures as I did without the swarms of crowds in the pictures and we got there right when the gates opened! It's a very popular event, so if your willing to drop the money on an expensive ticket, book yours for next year now!

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are beautiful, but I think that pool in the last picture is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete